It’s Kentucky Derby day and it’s 80 degrees outside, so let’s make mint juleps! Mint juleps are rejuvenating and boozy mixed drinks typically made with fresh mint, bourbon and easy syrup.
Mint juleps are for bourbon enthusiasts, which is to state that they’re not for you if you do not like bourbon.
My twist on the traditional mint julep dish? I utilized genuine maple syrup rather of easy syrup, which indicates that you do not need to melt sugar into water. Maple mint juleps could not be much easier to make!
Bourbon and maple syrup are a taste pairing made in paradise, and the maple syrup includes another subtle layer of taste.
Mint Julep Components
Here’s all you’ll require to make mint juleps in your home:
- Fresh mint leaves (spearmint)
- Maple syrup
- Squashed ice
How to Make Mint Juleps
Here are the easy actions:
- Muddle up some mint in a tough glass.
- Include a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Pour in a generous splash of bourbon.
- Leading it off with great deals of crushed ice and a sprig of mint.
Mint Julep Tips
Squashed ice is finest since it merges the beverage faster, which is most welcome when you’re drinking bourbon on a hot day. I in fact stopped at Sonic for a big cup of ice and they kindly required (the plus size supplied hardly sufficient ice for these 3 beverages).
Usage quality bourbon. I utilized Old Overholt, which is an inexpensive favorite. Bulleit bourbon is great, too.
Carefully clap the sprig of mint prior to garnishing. I understand this sounds insane, however clapping the sprig as soon as in between your hands launches a great deal of the natural oils in the mint, making it more aromatic.
Let’s cheers to the weekend! I have more cold bourbon beverages here, and more naturally sweetened mixed drink dishes here.
Please let me understand in the remarks how these mixed drinks end up for you. I can’t wait to speak with you.
Easy Mint Julep
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Overall Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 mixed drink 1 x
- Classification: Mixed Drink
- Technique: Muddled and stirred
- Food: American
These mint juleps are rejuvenating, boozy therefore simple to make! You’ll simply require fresh mint, bourbon, maple syrup and ice. Utilizing maple syrup rather of easy syrup conserves an action. Quantities offered listed below yield 1 mixed drink; make as lots of as you ‘d like in private glasses.
- 10 fresh mint leaves, plus a mint sprig for garnish
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, or to taste
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Squashed ice
- Location the mint leaves in the bottom of a tough old-fashioned or rocks glass. Muddle them till the leaves are dark, aromatic and broken down, about 30 seconds.
- Include the maple syrup and bourbon. Fill the glass with crushed ice and stir the beverage for a couple of seconds.
- To garnish, carefully clap the mint sprig in between your palms (this launches the aromatic mint oils). Put it in your glass and serve instantly.
Dish approximately adjusted from Alton Brown.
Suggested devices: I like this muddler and these old-fashioned glasses (affiliate links).
Recommend bourbon: Old Overholt or Bulleit bourbon.
▸ Nutrition Info
The info revealed is a price quote supplied by an online nutrition calculator. It must not be thought about an alternative to an expert nutritional expert’s suggestions. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Short Article https://cookieandkate.com/maple-mint-julep-recipe/ .