This post is sponsored by Frontier Co-op.
This is my sort of cake. The within is naturally sweetened with honey and molasses, and spiced with my preferred warming spices. No mixer needed!
Then I slathered the leading with pillowy clouds of cream cheese icing, since why not? It’s the holiday. Let’s deck the halls. Induce the cream cheese icing. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
I have actually gotten numerous ask for gingerbread cake for many years, and this one provides. It’s more of a wholesome, hearty cake than a fragile bakeshop cake, however the icing stabilizes all of it out.
I utilized my partner Frontier Co-op’s spices, which constantly smell and taste so fresh. Their Vietnamese cinnamon is sweet like snickerdoodles, instead of intense like Red Hots.
Frontier Co-op gets their cinnamon from Northern Vietnam, where a neighborhood of farmers harvest cinnamon cut from the case of the tree to make sure a high concentration of oil (and taste).
Integrated with ground ginger, cloves and nutmeg, this cake is the ideal vacation reward. As constantly, please let me understand how you like it in the remarks!
Gingerbread Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Prepare Time: 25 minutes
- Overall Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 pieces 1 x
- Classification: Dessert
- Approach: Baked
- Food: American
This wholesome gingerbread cake is topped with abundant cream cheese icing. It’s the ideal vacation reward. Dish yields 9 pieces of cake.
- 1 2/3 cups white entire wheat flour or routine entire wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op ground Vietnamese cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Co-op ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon great sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Co-op ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 big egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup molasses *
- 1/2 cup milk of option
- 6 tablespoons ( 3/4 stick) saltless butter, melted
Cream cheese icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to space temperature level
- 2 tablespoons saltless butter, softened to space temperature level
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Gently grease a 9-inch square pan.
- In a big bowl, blend together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves, nutmeg and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, blend the egg till gently beaten. Include the honey and molasses and blend till integrated, then blend in the milk and melted butter.
- Put the damp mix into the dry mix and blend simply till integrated. Put the batter into your ready pan and bake for about 21 to 25 minutes, till the cake is golden brown and a toothpick placed into the middle comes out tidy.
- Location the cake on a cooling rack and let it cool entirely. Wait to make the icing till the cake has actually entirely cooled.
- To prepare the icing: In a medium blending bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, integrate the softened cream cheese and butter. Utilizing a hand mixer or a stand mixer (or your own strength), beat the cream cheese and butter together till fluffy. Include the powdered sugar and vanilla and stir with a spoon till it is integrated (otherwise powdered sugar will fly all over), then whip the icing till it’s good and fluffy.
- Spread frosting uniformly over the top of the cake. If preferred, sort extra cinnamon on top. Then, slice it and serve. This cake is finest kept in the fridge for approximately 4 days.
* Molasses note: The strength of your molasses will figure out how extremely flavored your cake is. I utilized routine (not blackstrap) molasses.
Make it gluten totally free: Based upon comparable cakes, I believe you can replace versatile gluten-free flour for the wheat flour.
Make cupcakes/muffins: I believe you might make 1 lots muffins out of this batter. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for around 14 to 18 minutes.
▸ Nutrition Info
The details revealed is a price quote supplied by an online nutrition calculator. It must not be thought about an alternative to an expert nutritional expert’s suggestions. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
This post was produced in collaboration with Frontier Co-op and I got payment for my involvement. Viewpoints are my own, constantly. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who support C+K!
Check Out Complete Short Article https://cookieandkate.com/gingerbread-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting/ .